Monday 19 March 2012

Antique Stool Makeover!

I found a beautiful French stool with a ugly, faded and dirty pink seat in an antique store and immediately fell in love with it! As soon as I saw it, I knew it had the potential of being beautiful again!

So I bought it home, sanded it, primed it, sanded it again, painted it with ivory white and then lightly distressed it. For the seat I bought some beautiful blue linen and recovered it! No more faded pink in sight!

It was sold as soon as I took to What's In The Box! Just goes to show what a bit of love and persistence can do!!!
After!
I love the size, height and most importantly the legs!!!! What pretty legs!!!
The brand new blue linen seat!!!
Before....a dark mahogany colour with dirty and faded pink seat!
Before
Before
That's the stool now at What's In The Box in all it's new glory! 
I can tell you it was hard to part with this one! 
Don't you just love re-purposing!!!  

Thanks so much for stopping by!

xox
Rani

11 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love the transformation! Stopping by from Tuesday's Treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your 'French Provincial" stool...looks gorgeous. I looked at the structure and noticed it seemed suited to become a glass-topped side table as well. Very lovely. Thanks for sharing. I am now a follower of your blog and look forward to return visits. I invite you to join me as well on my blog at http://atastefultouch.blogspot.com
    Hugs, Gayle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this little stool and you did a beautiful job on it! I just joined your lovely blog and will visit often. Please consider joining me too at http://pearlsinparadise.blogspot.com .

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is lovely now! It must be so fun to re-do something and then find someone who loves it.
    Have a super day!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a similar bench in our master bedroom, but it is longer. It was a reddish mahogany with a dirty cover when I got it for a still at an auction. I agree. I love repurposing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That turned out awesome! Love the linen seat!

    Thanks for linking it up @ Creatively Living!
    --Katie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! I am working on a bench right now. Hope mine turs out pretty like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your bench looks so pretty and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an awesome idea! Thanks so much for the inspiration! I need to use this idea for my little stool I have in the shed!
    Thanks for linking to the party.

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another beautiful upgrade. Thanks for all of the link ups. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will be doing this on some of my thrift shop finds!

    So glad you joined our Cinch party.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Share Your Thoughts...

async defer data-pin-hover="true" data-pin-tall="true" data-pin-round="true" data-pin-save="false" src="//assets.pinterest.com/js/pinit.js">