Sunday 22 April 2012

Much Awaited Study Desk Pictures!

The much awaited study desk pictures. If you remember couple of posts ago I had mentioned that I picked up this study desk at a bargain price and had painted it...I was waiting for the drawer handles that I had ordered. Beautiful antique bronze drawer handles!!! Love them. 

Be warned....photo overload to follow! :)






A small pull out writing stand...could be used for anything. I painted a fleur de lis (one of my all time favourite French emblems) on it.


  


The bronze drawer handles!!!! How beautiful are they? I think they change the entire look of this piece of furniture!




The study chair with my homemade cushion!!


Couple of shelves to display books and bric-a-brac!



 Vintage bottles....on which I've stuck some doilies after some faux ageing!


Wood putty to fill the holes where the previous drawer handles were.


Now you see them....

  
And now you don't!!!


The Before shot!

I love the study desk....originally I had thought of selling it...but it's such a great piece of furniture...beautiful and functional...that I think I want to keep it!!

Not that you have to, stopping by to read my posts is reward enough....but would love for you to follow my blog if you find it interesting!!!

I have loads of projects underway and will be posting some interesting ones soon!!! So stay tuned!
Thanks so much for stopping by and have great Sunday!!!
xox
Rani

7 comments:

  1. I love the desk and the time you put into staging it for photos :) Taking pictures is half the fun, I love the shelves on the desk. Stop by for a blog visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. IN LOVE with the piece hanging on the wall!!!!


    http://infinitelifefitness.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post. I am your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First welcome to blog land, your blog is really cute and I wish you much luck. Love your desk, so very pretty, so very frenchy. Your staging is so nice, and the pictures really show your desk off well. The bottles are so pretty too. Thanks for sharing you creative inspiration at Sunday's Best Par.tay! PS - following you on GFC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo much better! Love the stenciling and the handles are really great!

    Thanks for sharing it at Creatively Living!
    --Katie

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is an AMAZING makeover! You gave it a fresh new life and it looks beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Inspiration Friday this week!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks nothing like the before picture! Really pretty and I love those little shelves too!

    ReplyDelete

Share Your Thoughts...

async defer data-pin-hover="true" data-pin-tall="true" data-pin-round="true" data-pin-save="false" src="//assets.pinterest.com/js/pinit.js">