Tuesday 23 October 2012

Adding A Vintage Industrial Look To Your Decor!




Have you ever experimented with an industrial look? 

Try a few metal touches here and there...light fixtures, or a metal table top or the easiest way...add a couple of metal crates. 

That's what I did...I met this very sweet lady at the Carlton Vintage and Eclectic Market this weekend and bought a couple of vintage milk crates off her. They are absolutely gorgeous!!!

In the beginning I was hoping to use them for a design assignment but decided to stick with my original plan and instead use the milk crates in my home. I walked around all over the house with the heavy metal crates in my hand...and in the end decided to use them as wine bottle holders

So here they are..adding a touch of vintage industrial style to my home. I love 'em! So different from the usual bottle stands.











They have a lovely vintage silvery colour and rusty patina! Très chic!

Thanks so much for stopping by and if you have decorated with the vintage industrial look leave me a link, I'd love to get some inspiration!!!

Oh! I forgot to mention that my article's been published on 10 Principles of Blogging available in 5 different countries...woohoo!!! Here's a snippet...

Welcome and congratulations! You have taken the first step by deciding to join other fellow bloggers. Lots of people have asked me random questions like why did you start a blog? How did you know what you wanted to write about? How did you start? etc. etc. etc…Well here are a few guidelines or rather, as I like to call them, the Ten Principles of Blogging. So here it goes…   
1. Signing up? Choose well There are lots of free blogging platforms such as BloggerWordpressBlog.com,LiveJournal; the list goes on and on. In my opinion, for a beginner, Blogger is the easiest to work with since the others have quite a learning curve.  Once you perfect the art of blogging you could always migrate across to another platform. Unless you want to start and stick with the one that has the built-in gizmos, in that case I would recommend Word Press. Read More...
The Direct Links are:

Take Care!

xox

Rani





3 comments:

  1. This is a great idea for a bar. I like this! The vintage milk crates look great!

    Linking from Mod Mix Monday,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use a vintage egg crate, very similar to your milk crates, to store my cutting boards on my kitchen counter. They fit perfectly slid in between the metal spokes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these storage boxes Rani! They look fabulous! I'm off to read your blogging article now! Congrats on that!!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Share Your Thoughts...

async defer data-pin-hover="true" data-pin-tall="true" data-pin-round="true" data-pin-save="false" src="//assets.pinterest.com/js/pinit.js">