Friday 5 October 2012

My Brand New Chalkboard Wall!

Okay I finally did it! 
Do you remember my post on chalkboard walls
Well, I took a huge leap of faith and cracked open a new roller and some chalkboard paint and painted a wall!!!! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! 

Hand on heart I was petrified! But I knew what to do, I just needed the courage to roll the roller in the paint and then on to the wall. I must have hemmed and hawed a million times before doing it, finding excuses with the wall, then the weather, then the paint and the roller, the ladder....the list goes on...!

Finally, I taped the wall up on all sides and started painting. Repeated the process twice again after it dried. And 5 hours later I was done! Woohoo!!!

I let is dry for 24 hours before curing it and then last night we used it for the first time. I am thrilled with the results. It looks rustic and adds character! 

I have wanted one for almost forever and now I have one!!

It's the narrowest slice of wall in the house, situated in the long narrow corridor downstairs. I painted it right from ceiling to floor and what a difference it makes. It adds height or at least the illusion of height!

Here are some pictures taken last night. I took them with my phone, so excuse the blurriness. I couldn't wait to show you all.

I promise to take some better ones this weekend. In the meantime here it is.....drum rolls please..........


Last night


This Afternoon



Reflection of the wall

Thrilled to bits! :)

A big shout out to Mandy over at ProjectQueen for featuring my post on "Tutorial to create a rusty patina on wood" and to all the others who have left such sweet comments on my previous posts. 
I thank you all from the bottom of my heart!

Thanks for stopping by! 
xox

Rani


1 comment:

Share Your Thoughts...

async defer data-pin-hover="true" data-pin-tall="true" data-pin-round="true" data-pin-save="false" src="//assets.pinterest.com/js/pinit.js">