Tuesday 30 October 2012

My Custom Made Tufted Headboard!

Today it's all about the guest bedroom/study. 

We have 3 bedrooms in our home and it's the smallest room so we use it mostly as a study. We have a simple ikea sofa bed in this room and it needed a headboard to complete the look. After much hemming and hawing we bought some batting, beautiful grey fabric (that my husband picked out and he did a great job!), brass upholstery tacks and a mdf board. (We nearly got divorced trying to fit the board into our car!!!)

The bedroom/study is a decorated very simply though I do try and experiment. It's mostly used by my husband when he works over the weekend. The colour scheme in the study is black, white and grey. White walls and white built-in-robes. We've put up white floating shelves on the walls and beneath the shelves, a lovely white desk and a rattan chair to complete the look. The accessories are mostly black and the blinds are grey. I'll show you the rest of the study soon.

Back to the headboard...I have to say it does complete the bed. It looked so naked without it! And it took just an hour and a half to put together! It took longer to fit the board in the car!



I created a tufted look by hammering in the upholstery tacks that I bought in a brass antique finish. 




That's one of my burlap artworks hanging over the bed and i do agree with the quote...whole heartedly!!!




Here's a photo I took with my phone (excuse the blurriness) with the angel wings that I made last weekend with some old french novel pages.


Well there you go! My custom made tufted headboard! I'm lovin' it!

Also I hope everyone in New York and surrounding areas are safe and sound. I pray that hurricane Sandy passes quickly. Stay Safe!

Thanks so much for stopping by! 

xox
Rani

3 comments:

  1. You've done such a good job. I think the doona cover looks a bit 'busy' but that's just me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's some of my favourite headboards.. some of the DIY some not - http://www.duckprint.com.au/blog/cat/dreaming-of/post/dreaming-of-bedheads/

    ReplyDelete

Share Your Thoughts...

async defer data-pin-hover="true" data-pin-tall="true" data-pin-round="true" data-pin-save="false" src="//assets.pinterest.com/js/pinit.js">