Monday 4 February 2013

Living Room Redo

After a long time, I've redone the living room. I have always been in love with neutrals but after my trip to Paris, I know this love is ever lasting! Though our living room has always had a neutral scheme, it was time to update a few things like the coffee table, the cushions and the lamp shade.
Lately I have been obsessed with painters drop cloth and typography…and pottery barn! Did you know pottery barn ships to Australia? But it was way cheaper to make these myself.





And my new lamp shade cover made out of… you guessed it - drop cloth!

This crown was found on my travels to Cassis, France. It was tucked away in a corner in an antique shop. I love the rusty patina on it.


A gorgeous cherub from Venice
Perfect addition for Valentine's Day decor…a scented clay cherub playing the flute from Paris hanging on a huge antique mirror which hopefully one of these days I will figure out how to hang on the wall. It weighs 25 kgs and if you have any suggestions on how I could accomplish this mammoth task without breaking the wall, please.. please.. please… let me know.

The table is a recent find. It was in a dilapidated condition when I found it. But with a little love, paint and elbow grease…it's brand new again! I gave it a faux rust table top and it looks so industrial. I'll post photos of the coffee table makeover soon. I hung three La Maison Jolie distressed photo frames on the walls and we are done!

I love the blinds we have in our living room. If you are after something similar, you can purchase a beautiful set of Westral blinds at a great price!

So there you go… my updated living room.
Thanks so much for stopping by! I'll be back in a few days with a small update on the master bedroom.
xox
Rani

26 comments:

  1. What beautiful pieces you have - love love love the pillows - but love that rustic looking crown equally!
    Your newest follower - come by for a visit!
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Love the neutrals and use of drop cloth.

    Chrissy
    www.everydaywiththejays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Chrissy! I'm obsessed with drop cloths now! :)

      Delete
  3. We just redid our giant sectional from red to neautral. I love it, and was thinking of putting some pops of black in with it. Your room is such an inspiration to me! Thanks for sharing. Visiting from Elizabeth and Company. -K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I feel honoured that you think so…! I'm a neutral girl at heart! Popping by your blog now…xx

      Delete
  4. Your LR is looking beautiful! I love what you've done! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who needs Pottery Barn when you can make pillows that are just as beautiful! You have so many fabulous pieces... I love that crown! Thanks so much for sharing at Monday Funday!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love your pillows they look so good!!! Karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your style and the great pillows. I have been making pillows out of canvas scraps and painting them. My husband stretches his own painting canvases so I have and endless supply.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much…I would love to see your pillows!!! I'm sure they are beautiful! xx

      Delete
  8. Wow, your living room is looking great! You really embodied the French feel beautifully. Impressive : ]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!!! I'm changing it a bit again….! Hahaha!!! It's addictive!!! xx

      Delete
  9. What a lovely living room redo. I like how every detail is so well thought out and everything ties together so beautifully!

    Thanks so much for linking up this awesome post to Project Inspire{d}.

    ~hugs, Mary Beth~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome…and thank you for your lovely comments! xx

      Delete
  10. I love how you've decorated your living room, it's right up my street! It looks so classic and fresh :]

    Jordan - jbseatsandtreats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jordan…I'm tweaking it again….just can't help myself… LOL! And thank you for your lovely comment!!! so sweet! xx

      Delete
  11. The room is beautiful!!! Great job and I love PB!
    Not sure if you have heard, but would love for you to come join our link party. We give away free ad space every week to one random link party-goer. http://www.oneprojectcloser.com/the-humble-brag-link-party-20/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Jocie!!! What a lovely comment! I'll stop by your blog for sure!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely, calm, and textural space! You must love spending time in there. Hope you can stop by the enchanted oven to say hi.
    xo,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE those pillows! You did a great job!

    Jenna @ http://rainonatinroof.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. A gal after my own heart...I love to use drop cloths too! Your pillows are so cute, and your table looks wonderful, you did a great job!
    ~Pendra
    pendrasplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Everything is very pretty and I love your new pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely living room Rani! I love the french provincial feel of it . Getting lots of ideas for our house next door now lol! We are in desperate need of your amazing interior design skill!. Looking forward to viewing more of your blog posts! x Erin (from next door)

    ReplyDelete

Share Your Thoughts...

async defer data-pin-hover="true" data-pin-tall="true" data-pin-round="true" data-pin-save="false" src="//assets.pinterest.com/js/pinit.js">