Sunday 13 May 2012

Bed Bench...recycle, re-purpose, reuse!

Hello Hello.....Happy Mother's Day!!!!

Today I woke up thinking that I'll get a lot of pending projects under-way...but it's raining cats and dogs!!! Since I cant't get any painting done...I decided to show you all a small project I just completed...a bed bench! 

I've been trying to find a suitable bed bench/blanket box ever since we moved into this house..I've seen a few....but none seemed to fit what I had in mind....and not to mention the price tags!!!

When I found a wooden bench, I had a light bulb moment! What if...I painted it white (of course!) and stencilled it (maybe)....and used it as a bed bench and when I was tired of it...I could use it in the garden with the outdoor furniture...and the when I was really tired of that setting I could use it as a potting bench....!!! Recycle, Re-purpose and Reuse!!!!! I know the idea is a bit out there....but it kind of works!!!

So Take1, here it is in our bedroom...







I love the rustic simplicity of this piece...




 I think the wreath looks more at home as the focus point in the bedroom...It was getting a bit lost in the living area.


It's not to big, not too narrow...just right for the size of the room! But boy is it heavy!!!




So here's the before....

And After...

Hope you all have a fantastic Mother's Day!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

xox
Rani


P.S. I'd sure love for you to follow La Maison Jolie...

11 comments:

  1. I love how the bench turned out.. And the room looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am wanting to make something similar for our bedroom! I have plenty of leftover wood from previous home improvement/decor projects...unless I find a bench on a budget that I just can't pass up! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So charming! Love it at the foot of your bed~ thanks for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fun bench, great makeover and it looks super in your room!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Bed Bench has been featured for Functional Friday!

    Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That bench turned out so cute! I love your pillows too!

    --Katie
    @ Creatively Living

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the rustic feel and it contrasts nicely against the bed - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rani, stopping by from Claiming our space link party. Your bed bench turned out great!! I love rustic too! Really nice!
    Hugs from Spain

    ReplyDelete
  9. I forgot to tell you that I'm your newest follower! Stop by my blog someday!

    http://www.handmadebyizz.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, I love the after and it looks perfect in your bedroom. I never would have thought it was the same bench from the before. Thanks for sharing on Tout It Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beauiful bench! Your bedroom looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Share Your Thoughts...

async defer data-pin-hover="true" data-pin-tall="true" data-pin-round="true" data-pin-save="false" src="//assets.pinterest.com/js/pinit.js">